Food Production Manager7888 Montgomery Road Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Date posted 11/20/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests, and we are looking for a new team member who will commit to helping us deliver on this mission.
About the Position:
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
Do you have a passion for extraordinary food? Are you committed to providing the best products at the right time? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Production Manager, you will manage department inventory, food preparation, production goals, department in stocks, and other operational processes to provide the best products and the best complete meal solutions for our guests. This is a fast-paced position; you’ll work with production specialists and The Fresh Market products & recipes continuously throughout the day, this is a fast-paced position that requires efficiency and effectiveness and a passion for excellence to drive results. This position requires the willingness to work a schedule of 3 am – 11 am with days off typically being Sunday and Wednesday of each week.What You'll Do:
- Direct, manage and assist all functions of the Production department and demonstrate excellence for your team and guests, including:
- Greeting all guests and proactively assisting them in a friendly manner with accurate and timely information
- Making product/service recommendations to guests and accommodating their special requests
- Managing order guides/ordering deadlines
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels
- Manage product to reducing shrink/damage
- Manage production and replenishment guidelines
- Direct teams to handle, slice and prepare a variety of meats, cheeses, produce, and convenient meal solutions in a production environment and throughout the morning, while maintaining quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards
- Train and engage team members
- Provide team members through The Fresh Market Academy, including “on-the-job” and online training, to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner while maintaining efficiency and minimizing product loss
- Lead, engage, motivate, and manage team members to provide excellent guest service
- Provide coaching for team members to further their development and increase retention
- Ensure that department team members are adhering to The Fresh market standards and policies
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests, and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a schedule of 3 am – 11 am with days off typically being Sunday and Wednesday of each week.
The Fresh Market offers a shift differential between the hours of 12 am – 5 am of an additional $2.00 an hr.
At times the needs may change and as a full-time team The Fresh Market has the expectation that you are able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings, and occasional overnight and holiday work to meet the needs of the business and guests.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of management experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field or 5 years of related management experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Experience providing direction and supervision to teams (with direct report responsibility)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Deli, Restaurant Management, Culinary or Grocery experience
- Production Planning Software experience
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pullup to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and standor walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and trainingWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Fresh Market is a proud, equal-opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Consistent with applicable laws, The Fresh Market will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to The Fresh Market. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
The statements in this job posting describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role but are not all-inclusive. The Fresh Market looks forward to talking with interested candidates to share additional details about the applicable responsibilities, duties, and skills required