Accountant III - Sales & Use Tax300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 10/9/2023
Our mission is to make every day eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team Member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance is available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- AND much more!
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for an Accountant III in our Store Support Center (099). The Accountant III will be part of a team dealing with all sales and use tax matters in a highly complex operational structure. This individual will take part in sales tax compliance, sales tax return preparation, and other tax accounting matters. The individual should be interested in professional growth and development.What You'll Do:
- Generate and review weekly reports to aid in the support of month-end journal entries.
- Assist in reporting and reconciliation around sales tax for multiple ecommerce channels.
- Journal entry preparation.
- Prepare reconciliations for select general ledger accounts.
- Develop understanding of the sales and use tax process at a transactional level.
- Daily involvement in item taxability classification for new items, including necessary research for compliance in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assist in researching updates and changes to sales and use tax rates and regulations and communicate with impacted parties.
- Assist in the preparation, filing and payment of monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Complete resale certificate requests from vendors.
- Research sales and use tax issues as needed.
- Prepare schedules and provide support during sales and use tax audits.
- Prepare schedules and supporting documents for external financial statement auditors.
- Drive process improvements and improve efficiencies within the group.
- Work well in a fast paced and deadline intensive environment.
- Flexibility to expand responsibilities and take on other special projects as needed.
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience, preferably sales and use tax related.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Prior experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains) is a plus.
- Experience applying GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience and strong understanding of internal controls
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolve to meet changing business needs.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, deadline driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.