Asset Protection Program Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 1/22/2024
Join our team at The Fresh Market, where we strive to make every day eating extraordinary for our guests. We are looking for an Asset Protection Professional who is passionate about providing outstanding service, fostering teamwork, and demonstrating a commitment to excellence. In this role, you will be instrumental in ensuring a safe and memorable experience for our guests and team members. Your positive energy, dedication to excellence, and "can-do" attitude are what make you a perfect fit for our team.
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available.
- And much more!
As an Asset Protection Professional, you will play a critical role in safeguarding our new and remodeled store locations. Your responsibilities will encompass not only the security of the store's assets but also the physical safety and well-being of team members. You will work closely with store management, department leaders, and team members to create a secure and safe working environment, focusing on both asset protection and team member safety. You will be expected to travel extensively to all new stores and remodel locations throughout 22+ states.What You'll Do:
- Implement comprehensive physical security measures. Apply the latest technologies in digital surveillance and alarm systems for new store openings and remodels.
- Collaborate on surveillance and alarm system installation. Work with store management to ensure effective system installation and compliance with safety standards.
- Implement programs focused on physical security, injury prevention, and response protocols.
- Contribute to New Store Design and Layout. Focus on security, safety, and team member welfare in the design and layout of new stores.
- Lead educational Initiatives on Asset Protection and Safety. Foster a culture of awareness and proactive risk management through transformative education programs.
- Strategically coordinate/partner with security firms to provide high-profile guard services during celebratory grand openings.
- Utilize data analytics for product safeguarding. Employ analytics to protect valuable products.
- Utilize POS Exception Tool as a key analytical resource, ensuring transactional integrity.
- Oversee to ensure new store openings reflect The Fresh Market's standards.
- Educate store management and team members on security measures, asset protection, emergency response, and workplace safety.
- Conduct Security and Risk Assessments. Regularly evaluate potential risks to assets and team member safety.
- Manage security incidents and emergencies. Prioritize the safety and security of team members and guests.
- Liaise with Law Enforcement and Emergency Services. Coordinate as required for enhanced security and emergency response.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years in asset protection, security, or related field.
- Experience in retail, hospitality, or grocery sectors preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security systems, surveillance technology, and asset protection techniques.
- Strong communication and training skills, capable of effectively instructing diverse teams.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and familiar with store layout and planning tools.
- ability to travel extensively.
- Advanced degree or certifications in security, law enforcement, or related field.
- Project management experience.
- Familiarity with the latest security technologies and trends.
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive asset protection and team member safety plans.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven track record in reducing losses, enhancing store safety, and minimizing workers' compensation claims.
Physical and Work Conditions:
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, grasp items, bend, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds independently.
- Exposure to varying temperatures and use of standard equipment like knives, ladders, and pallet jacks.
- Required to stand or walk continuously, as mandated by law.
- Adherence to safety guidelines, including wearing approved protective gear.
As an Asset Protection Professional at The Fresh Market, you will contribute significantly to our mission of creating extraordinary eating experiences every day while ensuring the highest level of safety and security for our guests and team members.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.