BI Developer300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 6/21/2022
The Fresh Market & You: Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available.
- And much more!
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a BI Developer in our Store Support Center (099). BI Developers are responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the enterprise. This IT role requires a significant set of technical skills, including an advanced knowledge of SQL database design and multiple programming languages. The BI Developer also needs communication and collaboration skills to work across departments to understand what business leaders want to gain from the company’s large datasets.
The BI Developers are tasked with managing and organizing data, while also keeping an eye out for trends or inconsistencies that will impact business goals. It’s a highly technical position, requiring advance experience and skills in areas like programming, mathematics and computer science. A BI Developer will need to have a certain amount of job autonomy in regard to independent judgement and completion of tasks at hand.
#LI-JM1 #LI-REMOTEWhat You'll Do:
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
- Align architecture with business requirements
- Develop data set processes
- Advance knowledge of BI tools such MicroStrategy, PowerShell, Rest API, SQL Server, Cloud Services tools, etc.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Conduct industry research for innovations and business questions
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs
- Data preparation for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Act as a consultant when researching outside vendors
- Active project team member assisting with strategy and execution plans.
- 3-5 Years’ Experience with data architecture, data analytics, and data ingestion (ETL/ELT) with BI Tools and large databases platforms.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Ability to build processes supporting data transformation, structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Preferred skills or motivation to learn software/tools/skills such as the below
- Experience with big data tools.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Cloud Services
- Experience with stream-processing systems.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.