Category Assistant, Bakery300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 1/6/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Category Assistant, Bakery in our Store Support Center (099). The Category Assistant will perform a role that is critical to ensuring accuracy in category management support and item/vendor data. This position will support the category management team by managing all the administrative functions that are needed to run the day-to-day business and achieve sales and strategic targets.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-JM1What You'll Do:
- Provide overall administrative support required to ensure efficient operation of the team.
- Provide and assist with reporting and recaps for the category team.
- Research and resolve invoicing discrepancies to ensure accounts payable records are maintained.
- Facilitates vendor and item set ups
- Partner with the communications team to manage departmental communications to stores
- Own administrative work for promotions from data entry to proofing. Act as the point person for cross-functional inputs and data gathering.
- Proof ads, signs, and display programs
- Organize product samples and new item submission forms; schedule and execute product cuttings
- Process all vendor billing, reward promotions, targeted offer billings, ad fees, and other merchandising billing/processing as needed
- Enter and maintain quantities for items in store distribution tool where needed
- Answer inquiries to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Coordinate and process any necessary recall information.
- Oversee collection of documentation for set up and maintenance of costs, retails and deals.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and is detail oriented
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Able to work in fast paced environment, multi-task, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative in exposing and resolving issues and opportunities
- Communicates effectively at all levels internally and with vendors
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Experience in a Grocery, CPG or Retail environment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.