Category Business Analyst300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 6/1/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Category Business Analyst in our Store Support Center (099). The Merchandising Business Analyst is a critical role supporting the Category Management Teams. This role will balance strategic analytics, supplier analysis and periodic business reviews. The Business Analyst will partner collaboratively with Financial Planning, Pricing, Space Planning, Marketing and Store Operations to uncover category insights and opportunities. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and has a proven track record of using data to tell a story and drive results. The Business Analyst will be detail oriented and possess expertise in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Sales, Margin Forecasting and Budget Planning: Assist in Annual, Quarterly, Period and Weekly Sales and Margin Forecasting, Post-Analysis and Budget Planning.
- Promotional Analysis: Prepare analysis to forecast demand planning for existing and proposed promotional plans; including: 1 and 3 day sales, weekly and monthly ad items, holiday sales, and contract items.
- By Store and By Planogram Analysis: Assist in the process of reviewing store layouts, planogram assignments and overall space to sales metrics to optimize space allocations across Center Store.
- Category Review Analysis: Assist the Category Managers in the Category Review Pre-Analysis and Post-Analysis reviews.
- Product Allocation: Assist the Category Managers and Associate Category Managers in creating and uploading distributions for ad items, seasonal products and holiday assortments.
- Department Reporting: Assist the Center Store team by creating, maintaining, reviewing and analyzing daily, weekly, period and quarterly reports in MicroStrategy.
- Supplier Reporting: Pull Supplier Reporting and Top-To-Top data to support Merchandising prior to their supplier meetings.
- Ah Hoc Reporting: Support Center Store team with Ad Hoc Reporting as requests are made regarding categories, items, seasonal buys, distributors and store operations.
- Billing: Support department merchants and Billing Specialist to ensure all monthly supplier funds are billed and collected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance or related field
- Understanding of Financial Statements, Data Modeling and Business Analytics is preferred.
- Existing/Previous Retail Experience is not required; but is preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and excellent follow through
- Ability to communicate complex data analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Advanced Excel skills including a thorough understanding of, Logical and Text formulas, Lookup reference functions, Pivot tables, Macros and VBA
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- MicroStrategy Experience is preferred
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.