Copywriter300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/7/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market is looking for a Copywriter to join the creative team at our corporate office in downtown Greensboro, NC (099). This role is for a writer who can shape big ideas, craft impactful headlines, and write both long-form content and countless captions for emails and signage. Our creative team produces work for owned channels – like The Magazine, guest emails, in-store signage and our website – as well as paid channels, including commercials, digital ads, print ads and outdoor media. We’re looking for a versatile copywriter who can bring award-winning ideas to the team, make an impact on the work we do, and approach writing about a high-frequency promotion and a new ad campaign with the same level of enthusiasm. This position reports to the Creative Director.
The Copywriter should have a proven track record writing engaging content for digital media, with a strategic understanding of the guest experience across integrated campaigns. We are looking for a writer with experience and skills to maintain and champion the unique brand voice, while shaping marketing messages for each owned and paid channel. This role requires a self-starter who is passionate about food, demonstrates knowledge of product and retail marketing trends, and can balance quick-turn copy needs with conceptual creative assignments.
- Write guest-facing copy across all communication channels, including but not limited to print, digital, outdoor, social media, radio and direct mail.
- Develop creative concepts to support new offerings, promotions, seasonal themes, integrated campaigns and multi-channel communications.
- Collaborate with creative director, designers and marketing team members to maximize overall design impact and create engaging concepts that support marketing communication needs, from daily email messages to new initiatives.
- Work with and guide freelance copywriters to ensure consistent brand tone and voice.
- Think strategically to solve business problems and proactively improve effectiveness of creative and marketing deliverables.
- Develop and distill high level, big picture ideas and information into effective guest-facing communications.
- Produce a high volume of work, ensuring that key messages are optimized by channel.
- Keep messaging on-brand and fresh to drive sales for recurring promotions.
- Demonstrate a willingness to proactively find information and answers needed to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of guest-facing communications
- Stay current on retail, industry and competitor creative and copy trends.
- Liaise as needed with in house legal department to maintain legal compliance.
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, advertising or related required
- 5+ years’ experience as a copywriter, preferably a blend of agency and client-side work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strategic thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of the retail environment and consumer engagement strategies
- Proven ability to write copy in a fast-paced environment, work with tight deadlines, and prioritize assignments
- Portfolio experience includes both long- and short-form copy
- Interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain relationships across the company
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.