Database Developer II300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 2/18/2024
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Database Developer II in our Store Support Center (099). The Database Developer II is responsible for the maintenance and development of corporate data repositories in support of the application portfolio across the enterprise. The individual applies practical knowledge of administering and developing enterprise-grade RDMS systems, data warehouses, project management acumen, plus a strong service-oriented approach to business customers. As a member of the Database team, the role is responsible for the development and execution of the enterprise data strategy and ensures its alignment with the current business strategy and delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
#LI-REMOTE #LI-JM1What You'll Do:
- Plans, designs, develops, and implements the company’s databases and data warehouses.
- Ability to lead cross-functional team projects in areas of expertise
- Foster a service-oriented culture driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Preforms development of all aspects of corporate data strategy roadmap and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic objectives
- Aid in design and delivering secure data solutions that meet the “Always On” architectural standards
- Manages the full lifecycle of the data portfolio of assets and services
- Stay current on industry trends on the following technologies: RDMS, Data Warehouse, Application Integration Platforms, Process Automation Platforms, and Data Transformation Tooling
- Leverage backup, replication, and encryption technologies to ensure corporate RDMS systems are always protected from loss or theft
- Participate in incident response & deployment activities
- Works with DBA Manager to drive the development of enterprise data technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure optimal data value to the enterprise
- Work to evolve the practice of data management and associated technologies
- Monitors performance scalability and security of data warehouses
- Support the continued adoption of agile project management methodology
- Provide Tier 2 support to database and data-related issues.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field required. Master's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience.
- SQL Server, Snowflake, Tibco certifications preferred
- Collaborate with other technical teams to assist in the achievement of team agile sprint goals
- Mastery level skills with the following technologies:
- SQL Server RDMS
- Snowflake data warehouse cloud stack
- Process automation and orchestration technologies
- ETL/ELT data processing technologies
- High Availability enterprise technologies for all RDMS systems
- T-SQL, C#, REST, JSON, XML, Java Script, and Visual Studio development platform
- Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps to promote and manage source code
- RDMS performance measurement, tuning, and monitoring tools
- AWS and Azure cloud RDMS systems experience helpful
- Data architecture and design using industry-standard best practices
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving, planning, and execution skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate new data management technologies and the business benefits
- Demonstrated ability to use agile methodology to estimate and plan project outcomes
- Strong vendor management and partner relations skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to achieve project objectives
- Ability to drive organizational change and build data capabilities that effectively balance the need to continuously exploit capabilities to optimize operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical in a user-friendly language
- Enthusiastic and willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative Agile SCRUM environment
- Strong customer-service orientation and a professional demeanor
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to problem-solve difficult technical problems
- Reports to the Manager of the database development team
- After hours and Weekend on-call support on a rotation
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system applications management.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.