Database Developer300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 8/18/2022
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Database Developer in our Store Support Center (099). The Database Developer is responsible for the maintenance and development of corporate data repositories in support of the application portfolio across the enterprise. The individual should apply broad technical knowledge of administering and developing enterprise-grade RDMS systems, data warehouses, project management acumen, plus a strong service-oriented approach to business customers.
As a member of the Database team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise data strategy and ensures its alignment with the current business strategy and delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
#LI-JM1 #LI-REMOTEWhat You'll Do:
- Aids to fosters a service-oriented culture driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Contributes to the development of all aspects of corporate data strategy roadmap and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic objectives
- Deliver secure data solutions that meet the “Always On” architectural standards
- Stay current on industry trends on the following technologies: RDMS, Data Warehouse, Application Integration Platforms, Process Automation Platforms, and Data Transformation Tooling
- Leverage backup, replication, and encryption technologies to ensure corporate RDMS systems are always protected from loss or theft
- Participate in incident response & deployment activities
- Works with DBA Manager to drive the development of enterprise data technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure optimal data value to the enterprise
- Work to evolve the practice of data management and associated technologies
- Support the continued adoption of agile project management methodology
- Provide Tier 1 end user support of database and data issues.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field required.
- 1+ years equivalent work experience or combination of education and work experience.
- SQL Server, Snowflake, Tibco certifications preferred
- Collaborate with other technical teams to assist in the achievement of team agile sprint goals
- Exposure to the following technologies:
- SQL Server RDMS
- Snowflake data warehouse cloud stack
- Process automation and orchestration technologies
- ETL/ELT data processing technologies
- High Availability enterprise technologies for all RDMS systems
- T-SQL, C#, REST, JSON, XML, Java Script, and Visual Studio development platform
- Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps to promote and manage source code
- RDMS performance measurement, tuning, and monitoring tools
- AWS and Azure cloud RDMS systems experience helpful
- Data architecture and design using industry-standard best practices
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving, planning, and execution skills
- Exposure to agile methodology to estimate and plan project outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical in a user-friendly language
- Enthusiastic and willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative Agile SCRUM environment
- Strong customer-service orientation and a professional demeanor
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Reports to the Manager of the database development team
- After hours and weekend on-call support on rotation.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system applications management.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.