DEI Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/1/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market is searching for a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Manager to be based in our Corporate Office (099) in Greensboro, NC. The DEI Manager will develop and implement programs across the organization to align our DEI strategy with our TFM values-Passion, Excellence, Teamwork and Hospitality.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-JM1What You'll Do:
- Drive the DEI strategy by collaborating with key stakeholders to define project objectives, deliverables, and success criteria.
- Lead and manage DEI projects from initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to project goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Support the creation and ongoing operations of Business Resource Groups (BRGs), providing guidance and structure to ensure their success.
- Coordinate with BRGs on projects and initiatives, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and progress tracking among all groups.
- Build relationships with leadership, managers and team members as a trusted partner connecting the organization to its core values and operating principles related to DEI.
- Serve on the Diversity Action Board, leading internal sessions and coordinating meetings.
- Research and analyze DEI best practices, industry trends, and relevant regulations to inform project design and implementation.
- Develop and implement project evaluation methods, collecting and analyzing data to measure the impact and effectiveness of DEI initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR, Training, and Communications teams to ensure the successful integration and communication of DEI projects within the organization.
- Prepare regular project status reports to stakeholders and senior leadership, including progress updates, key milestones, and potential risks or challenges.
- Recommend, assist in the development and delivery of targeted and companywide DEI training.
- Lead or assist in the development of content utilized to celebrate/recognize/educate others about diverse holidays and events.
- Regularly review processes and policies to determine if they support diversity and inclusion work.
- Work with hiring managers to improve diversity throughout the recruiting and hiring process.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 3 years of experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Skilled at interacting with and influencing at all levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute solutions to organizational issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience facilitating DEI trainings and seminars.
- Time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Analytical background, with the ability to analyze and interpret data to measure project outcomes and inform decision-making.
- Proactive problem-solving skills, with the ability to independently address problems.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.