Development Project Manager (Construction)300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 8/18/2022
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team Member discount up to 30%
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- AND much more!
The Development Project Manager (DPM) handles a portfolio of store development projects, working closely with internal and external team players from site selection through store opening. The DPM is teamed with one or more internal Real Estate managers and Design/Architectural Managers, ensuring close coordination between internal and external players throughout each project life cycles. The DPM will manage QA touchpoints to ensure design packages meet TFM needs. The DPM is overall responsible for the proper resourcing, detailed planning, efficient/successful execution, and smooth communications for the program. (099)
- Manages a program comprising a complex portfolio of development and construction projects.
- Clearly defines and documents program scope, terms of delivery, and business objectives.
- Organizes and manages program teams consisting of various skill sets to include architecture, engineering, consultants, and contractors.
- Validates appropriate resourcing to deliver program requirements.
- Manages internal and external relationships as they relate to programs including roles, level of involvement, and expectations.
- Effectively monitors resource, cost loading, and spend-out for entire portfolio.
- Manages portfolio expenditures against approved CAPEX.
- Validates scoping and costing efforts and ensures an achievable schedule for portfolio projects.
- Manages risk by routinely identifying, assessing, and developing mitigation plans for events that could impact the success of the program.
- Develops specific program metrics and milestone reporting that allows for full transparency and visibility.
- Develops and manages execution of program communication plans which ensure that information related to progress, and issues are being communicated with the program teams, stakeholders, steering committees, and sponsors.
- Practices accountability with regular reporting to internal teams and summary reporting for the leadership team.
- Travel on a regular basis (over 50%)
- 4-year college degree or commensurate experience in project/program management.
- 7-10 years of program/project or process management experience.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment across multiple tasks.
- Talented team player and positive collaborator with a “can-do” work ethic.
- Passionate manager with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills, prepared to drive results and change.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively analyze program process and trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills and literacy in estimating, scheduling, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software. Thorough knowledge of MS Office required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of real estate development, architectural, engineer, and construction-related tasks.
- Proven project management experience in building general retail or restaurants.
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- PMP or CSM certification is a plus.
- CAD knowledge, strongly preferred.
- Grocery experience, preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%.
- Material/equipment handling. Ability to handle up to 80lbs.
- Ability to complete walkthroughs in varying in-progress construction environments – site walks, existing building inspections, trenches, ladders, roofs, etc.
- Ability to work at heights.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.