Development Coordinator300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 10/7/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Development Coordinator in our Store Support Center (099) in Greensboro, NC. The Development Coordinator will need to be familiar with real estate site and building evaluation and analytics, leasing, and development / construction processes and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks.
- Evaluate and generate reports and analysis on project, department and capital budgets.
- Manage and administer all Development, Bidding, Budgeting, Project Tracking systems.
- Partner with FP&A and Accounting for Capital Management, tracking, and evaluation.
- Manage third party vendors to obtain desired work product.
- Provide support to contractors, vendors and Development Project Manager IIs.
- Write, defend, present, and communicate analysis in an effective and professional manner.
- Support bidding process to include bid comparisons, negotiations of contracts, purchase orders and ensure they are timely, in-scope, and compliant
- Tracks and report on progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule
- Monitor and provide reporting for all department and project budgets.
- Analyze projects postmortem for cause, effect and results.
- Assemble new store, relocation, and remodel scope, budget review and approval packages with all appropriate documents and information to make an informed decision.
- Document projects and approvals in Real Estate systems, including ProjectMates, Trade Area Solutions, and Site Intel.
- Set-up and coordinate Construction, Design, scheduling meetings, including Turn Over, Scope Review, Kickoff, 12 Week Planning, Pre-REC, and Planning and Strategy meetings.
- Monitor critical milestone dates for Leasing and Development Timeline, follow-up on critical dates and action items to maintain accurate timelines and project commitments.
- Maintain Performance Scorecards and Departmental Quarterly Results reporting on performance metrics, Quarterly Targets and Annual Goals.
- Coordinate documentation of organizational standards, processes, and procedures for the new store development process, relocations, remodels, and business rules for the respective roles, including but not limited to cross functional playbooks, procedural management of contracts, change requests, and change orders.
- Attend meetings to provide minutes, track action items and create agendas.
- Maintain Vendor list and assignments.
- Reporting and due diligence tracking of critical lease dates for all projects within the development pipeline.
- Communicate Timelines for Project to all cross functional teams.
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Document management and coordination, including prototype, templates, contracts, project documents, project close out, all executed project related contracts and documents
- Organize and monitor tracking of project costs, invoices, capital projections, capital tracking against budget.
- Manage reporting and tracking of due diligence, scheduling and change orders for all projects in development pipeline, including communication of status cross functionally.
- Coordinates bidding process and bid review and award decisions/notifications.
- Manage and process pay applications through payment to ensure compliance with TFM standards and lease/contract requirements. Assist with design tasks, including schematic drawings, construction drawings, specification sheets, and scope/price documents.
- Manage small projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 plus years of coordination/project management experience with emphasis retail Real Estate Development, and construction.
- Understanding of construction management.
- Financial acumen, understanding of line-item budgets, effective invoice processing, and capital forecasting and management.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate and construction data.
- Ability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to, agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings
- Must be proactive and take initiative.
- Proficient in MS Office, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Solid organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities
- Ability to travel 10% of time for store surveys, market tours and site visits.
- Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, analysis and problem-solving skills.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.