Director, Local Store Marketing300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 10/12/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Director, Local Store Marketing role is responsible for the ideation and implementation of regional, statewide, and local marketing campaigns. In addition, this role will manage and evolve the program and create locally focused marketing strategies to drive the business. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, manages a team, and will be based in our Store Support Center (099) located in Greensboro, NC.
- Create and manage the Local Store Marketing strategy to generate new traffic and increase sales
- Implement competitive blunting campaign for The Fresh Market in highly competitive environments
- Plans and executes all Grand Openings, Anniversaries and other special events as needed.
- Builds and fosters local community partnerships for all TFM store locations and communities including:
- Nonprofit program partnerships
- Local product vendor relationships
- Community donation programs
- Develop local marketing strategies by aligning with Zone Vice Presidents, Regional Managers of Operation, and other internal cross-functional teams to create buy-in and program success
- Delivers on all marketing metrics including incremental comp sales vs company average in each store to show positive impact of Local Store Marketing initiatives
- Manage the Local Store Marketing team
- Travel to TFM store locations to support marketing strategies: Travel requirements up to 50% of time.
At a minimum, what you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field is required
- 8-10 years of experience in Marketing strongly preferred; a minimum of 5 years is required
- Experience in Promotion & Event Planning is required
- Multi-unit retail marketing experience
- Experience in the food & beverage industry
- Experience managing a team
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
It's a bonus if you bring:
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Grocery industry experience
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.