Director of New Stores and Renovations300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 5/22/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Director of New Stores and Renovations in our Store Support Center (099). The Director of New Stores and Renovations plays a key role within the Operations organization by providing high quality project management of current and future store projects. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple large projects concurrently. Position reports to Group VP, Operations and works closely with construction, merchandising and field leadership as a project manager on a daily basis.#LI-LC1 #LI-HYBRID
What You'll Do:
- Project management of remodels, renovations, and ground up new store builds.
- Manage the construction process for new, relocated and expanded stores.
- Ensure The Fresh Market quality and financial standards are met by monitoring store construction progress, evaluating quality and taking necessary action to keep projects on track and within defined budgets.
- Visit store project sites to confirm progress and schedule store construction effectively.
- Communicate with business partners regarding timeliness of turnover and openings of upcoming store projects.
- Ensure all appropriate parties are kept up to date with status of projects at all times.
- Schedule, develop and manage weekly calls on project statuses and risks, while coordinating solutions and strategies to maintain project timeliness.
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously ranging from remodels, new stores, and various assigned projects given by the GVP of Operations.
- Effectively manage new opening teams including the New Store Opening Managers directly under your supervision.
- Ensure completion of store punch list items and follow up on all warranty items in a timely manner.
- Maintain and input all construction key dates and ensure all construction documents are uploaded into the Smartsheet program for project close out.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, or related quantitative field preferred.
- Understanding financial statements and drivers that influence the P&L.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- High level of intellectual curiosity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Previous experience in Grocery/Retail preferred.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.