Energy Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 11/29/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 30%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- And much more!
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for an Energy Manager to be based at our Corporate Office in Greensboro, North Carolina (099). This position will be responsible for analysis of utility consumption data and rate structures. The successful candidate will be a strong team player possessing excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills, and adaptable to a fast-paced, challenging environment. This position will report to the Senior Director of Engineering and Purchasing.What You'll Do:
- Manage energy services providers (data providers and bill pay services).
- Manage the procurement of deregulated energy contracts.
- Management and set up of new service and existing utility accounts (deposits, outages etc.)
- Performing rate audits ensuring the correct rate structures.
- Analyze consumption and collaborate with internal Facilities staff and external parties to determine the causes/ corrections of excessive consumption.
- Help initiate and manage demand side initiatives (projects), providing energy savings calculation and follow up to determine actual savings.
- Apply for and track energy rebates.
- Various period reports; consumption, fiscal expense, weather normalization etc.
- Conducts comprehensive company and industry research.
- Manage energy conservation initiatives with our operations teams.
- Providing annual budgets and period updates /forecasting, spend analysis.
The Energy Manager will be expected to demonstrate a high level of integrity with our employees and vendors. The Energy Manager must have excellent multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills. The Energy Manager leads by example and works to produce high quality finished products.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business, or related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Electrical (preferred), Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Certified Energy Manager certification is desired.
- Understanding of refrigeration and HVAC control systems is preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Highly motivated, creative individual, who thinks strategically and possesses strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite is essential.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
#LI-AK1We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.