Financial Analyst II300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/9/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst II in our Store Support Center (099). The Financial Analyst II helps drive business performance by leveraging data to create impactful analysis, insights, and reporting. They will work in partnership with the Merchandising Function at The Fresh Market to develop strategies and tactics to deliver the company’s goals. This is a senior level analyst role.
- Partner with Merchants to develop annual Budget and ongoing sales and margin forecasts for respective business area (example: Bakery, Meat, Produce, etc.).
- Analyze financial and business information to identify underlying business drivers and trends to deliver improved sales and profitability
- Build financial models to evaluate new business opportunities
- Analyze risks and opportunities of business proposals to determine impact on financial results
- Develop, manage, and monitor key performance indicators
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with and effectively communicate financial information to partner teams
- Drive implementation of financial planning best practices
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or related field (MBA Preferred)
- Five years of experience in financial planning & analysis
- Understanding financial statements and drivers that influence the P&L
- Previous experience in Grocery/Retail preferred
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.