Financial Analyst, Operations300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/7/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst, Operations in our Store Support Center (099). The Financial Analyst plays a key role within the FP&A organization by providing high quality data analyses and financial modeling to help drive business performance. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of curiosity about underlying business drivers to create new insights and identify new opportunities. Position reports to Director of FP&A, Operations and works closely with operations and field leadership as a thought partner on a daily basis.
- Prepare analysis to support ongoing store operations using disparate data sources, including product movement and store level financial data
- Analyze complex financial information to identify underlying business drivers and trends to deliver improved sales and profitability
- Build financial models to evaluate new business opportunities
- Develop, manage, and monitor key performance indicators
- Provide business partners with ongoing financial insight into operational performance
- Develop cross-functional partnerships and effectively communicate financial information to partner teams
- Drive implementation of financial planning best practices
- Support annual planning process and ongoing forecasting process
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to distill large amounts of data into meaningful business insights
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Advanced Excel skills
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, or related quantitative field
- Experience in financial modeling, planning and/or analysis preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.