Financial Systems Analyst300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/29/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Financial Systems Analyst in the Store Support Center (099) in Greensboro, NC. The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for managing the financial tools and system which support reporting, forecasting, planning and accounting. This position will take action under the direct supervision of the Director of FP&A and will collaborate extensively with Finance team, department heads and IT. This role is both strategic and technical, and she or he will leverage an understanding of Finance and Accounting functions and how systems can be leveraged to improve efficiency and accuracy of forecasting and reporting. The ideal candidate is someone that will embrace and champion our Finance transformation by reducing our reliance on excel, automating the movement of data between applications and migrating key functions to on premise or cloud-based applications.
- Serve as the business process and system solutions subject matter expert to assist organization in optimizing, standardizing, and improving system solutions and business processes.
- Perform functional configuration and enhancements, system maintenance and business process testing for OneStream maintenance, which includes managing custom fields, forms, records, workflows, searching and reporting, and user roles to support business requirements
- Act as business partner and liaison between the information technology and business operations teams.
- Partner with stakeholders to establish and maintain appropriate system related internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Proactively partner with financial systems providers to understand and deliver new system functionality and solutions to support accounting, reporting, financial planning, and regulatory life cycle process.
- Support the Finance teams during the financial close, budgeting and forecasting and internal and external reporting
- Provide regular updates on issues arising from end users to management
- Develop, update and maintain all documentation related to financial systems
- Create training materials and facilitate OneStream end-user training
- Effectively communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to management, peers, staff, and other team members to ensure issues and solutions are understood cross-functionally
- Assist with data analysis, reporting needs, continuous improvement initiatives, change management and support for optimal usage within OneStream
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Computer Science or Finance related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- 5+ years experience working directly with financial systems, including data integrations; OneStream is highly desired, but not required
- Familiarity with G/L Accounting and ERP systems and data mapping/integration
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong computer and analytical skills with ability to provide technical solutions related to financial applications
- Expert in Microsoft Excel using advanced formulas and functions, pivots, charts, filtering, and building macros in addition to expanded usage of Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, Essbase, VBA scripting, SharePoint, database applications, and data integrations using ETL tools a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and training skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks working independently or within a team; strong project management and leadership skills are key
- Ability to effectively translate technical information to non-technical individuals
- Ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
- Strong attention to detail; high level of accuracy and ability to review self-created work
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.