Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 2/22/2024
The Fresh Market & You: Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available.
- And much more!
The Food Safety and Quality Manager reports directly to the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Director and requires efficiency, effectiveness, and a passion for excellence. Our goal is to create a best-in-class food safety culture at The Fresh Market. We are looking for an individual with a strong sense of urgency who will use their knowledge, superior interpersonal skills and available data to reduce food safety, sanitation and quality risks in our retail store locations. This position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule if emergencies arise and to monitor and respond to communications during off peak business hours and weekends.What You'll Do:
- Provide food safety expertise, leadership and program design support on key business goals and objectives including but not limited to innovation projects, new store openings and/or remodels, FDA or USDA regulatory requirements (existing and upcoming)
- Review and respond to Regulatory Inspections and Requirements including conference calls, corrective action plans, site visits, data entry and analysis.
- Review and respond to Internal Food Safety Audit Findings including conference calls, corrective action plans, site visits, data entry and analysis.
- Manage pest activity through report out and follow up with field teams, conference calls, site visits, data entry, and analysis.
- Manage Internal Sanitation Audits and Digital Food Safety Checklist Platform through report out and follow up with field teams, conference calls, site visits and clean up events, data entry, and analysis.
- Manage food safety training plans for new Store Managers and Assistant Managers to include in-store food safety training, scheduling practice audits, and food safety manager certification.
- Quickly address emergency food safety procedures for field teams, sometimes at off-peak hours and weekends
- Daily correspondence with field leadership and store level personnel, sometimes on off-peak hours and weekends
- Monitor incoming complaints from Guest Care and assist stores with food safety or quality corrective action support
- Create training materials, job aids, and playbook content for field teams.
- Work and meet with cross functional teams, both internal and external, in a variety of positions and levels
- Assist with other food safety and quality projects and emergencies as needed
- BA or BS degree in food science, biology, environmental science or related
- 5-7 years work experience in food operations (retail, food processing, restaurants) with working knowledge of basic food safety principles
- Good working knowledge of Retail Food Code, FDA, and USDA regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for use with store teams, support center staff and contractors.
- Strong cross functional collaboration, high interpersonal skills and ability to build long term, trust based relationships
- Proven ability to work quickly, meet deadlines, change priorities and solve problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Teams) with proven ability to quickly learn new software
- Track record of effectively training, motivating and inspiring people in a way that results in improved compliance
- Up to 50% travel to any of our stores, including emergency visits.
- Ability to perform physical working including lifting up to 15 lbs, standing or sitting for long periods of time, flexibility in performing in store field work activities
- Food safety and quality assurance related certifications or licenses
- Food Safety Manager Certificate
- CP-FS Certificate
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.