Industrial Engineer II - Retail300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/20/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance is available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- And much more!
The Industrial Engineer II - Retail will be responsible for maintaining labor management systems and developing new labor standards and process initiatives to support overall business goals. This position will serve as a liaison between merchandising and operations business partners in the development of work methods for new and existing projects. The Industrial Engineer II - Retail will lead reviews of workflow methods and initiatives with the goal of enhancing performance.What You'll Do:
- Manage the planning and execution of merchandising projects and conduct labor impact assessment.
- Conduct time and motion studies using MOST and work measurement tasks for development of engineered labor standards, cost-benefit analysis, and process re-engineering activities.
- Stand up and maintain UKG Dimensions – TFM’s labor management system including resolving forecasting, scheduling, and timekeeping issues.
- Utilize knowledge of workflow efficiencies and cost management to serve as project manager on process improvement initiatives and make recommendations to senior management by creating project proposals and presentations.
- Review and evaluate performance of incentive programs, established standards, and assigned initiatives to ensure each functional area meets operational goals.
- Perform quality assurance reviews for technical upgrades and potential new products for labor management.
- Assist retail support and productivity areas with defining business needs, standard operating procedures and develop alternative solutions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or related field.
- Six (6) years’ experience in retail operations, industrial engineering, accounting or financial operations; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Excellent PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications, database applications and experience with supply chain management applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience with engineered work standards and performance management systems.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Experience working with software like UKG Dimensions, LaborPro, UKG Pro and HQPM
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams and to communicate with senior level executives across the organization.
- Ability to gather, analyze and utilize complex information to make decisions.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis and operational analysis.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- An innovative self-starter with the ability to lead assigned projects.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in distribution processes, logistics, supply chain management and warehouse operations.
- Strong leadership skills including team facilitation, training, and motivation.
- Adept at preparing and delivering business presentations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
#LI-AK1 #LI-HYBRIDWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.