Labor Analyst300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/2/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Labor Analyst in our Store Support Center (099). The Labor Analyst will research, collect, and analyze a variety of workforce intelligence data to identify and recommend opportunities for the company to optimize, manage, and control total store payroll while not negatively impacting guest service & growing profitable sales.
- Develop, manage, and analyze data sets necessary for holistic workforce intelligence reporting at the store, region, zone, and support center level.
- Analyze, identify, and communicate root cause and changes necessary to improve sales, EBITDA, and the guest experience through effective workforce scheduling
- Monitor, report, analyze and forecast key workforce intelligence drivers that impact financial results.
- Forecasts store operations guest flow with use of various reporting systems to predict use of labor allocation and budgets.
- Collect and collate data such as guest counts, basket size, sales, labor, KPI, weather, etc. Manages master data sets, including creation, updates, validation, and deletion.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and work closely with the Continuous Improvement team to scope and implement programs and solutions.
- Compile and analyze store data from multiple sources to understand how different factors influence appropriate staffing levels.
- Develop a model to assist store management teams in staffing their locations at optimal levels and understanding how the staffing levels will impact costs.
- Maintain the workforce intelligence system and serve as the primary operations point person to interact with business stakeholders like I.T, HR, Finance and Payroll.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting as needed.
- Manage all workload related communications, such as execution changes, policy and procedure manuals, system changes and departmental websites.
- Develop and publish detailed standard practice documents for all stores.
- Work with retail communications to maintain the store impact planning calendar.
- Assist in managing the temporary staffing & skilled worker program.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, MIS, engineering, statistics, or related field and two (2) years professional level experience in finance, business, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated advanced PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in Advanced MS Excel – VBA and Macros.
- High level of proficiency and working knowledge of data visualization and BI tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy.
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Master’s degree in engineering, finance, accounting, business, MIS, statistics, or another analytical field.
- Excellent PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with project management, process engineering, retail operations and budgeting.
- Experience with Workforce Management Systems like Kronos Workforce Dimensions and UKG Pro.
- High level of proficiency in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse solutions and reporting.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.