Own Brands Development Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 11/28/2022
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:About the Position:
Private Label is a differentiator for The Fresh Market and we’re looking for an experienced Category Manager to join our team. We are a high energy group with a passion for food, delivering results, and a collaborative mindset. We have audacious goals and are well on our way to achieving them. The Private Label Category Manager works in support of the Directors and Category Managers across departments in a collaborative effort to grow The Fresh Market private label portfolio. We provide exceptional, delicious offerings that meet and/or exceed the standards required for a product to carry our name. This positions is located within our Store Support Center (099) located in Greensboro, NC.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-JM1What You'll Do:
The PLCM manages multiple product development projects simultaneously. Each project will have differing timelines based on each particular product’s ‘to shelf’ or launch date/ Department reset. Activities in any given project can include:
- Product Development Opportunity – identify new product opportunities for development by keeping abreast of trends in the branded sectors and through category reviews, line extensions, SPINS data, and competition checks.
- Manages multiple project teams and broad product scope
- Product testing – test products before a sensory panel and stake holders to determine viability for development
- Vendor Vetting – review vendor credentials to determine if all certifications are current and in compliance with TFM standards
- Manage supply chain efficiencies with vendors and distribution partners around forecasting, timeliness of POs, and improving in-stock position
- Manages all import vendors and consolidation of imports to maximize freight efficiencies and timeline efficiencies.
- Analyze and develop improvement processes and systems in Private Label
- Bid Process / Bid Review / Cost Negotiations – request bids from vendors and present analysis to stakeholders
- Business case analysis – provide stakeholders with profit and loss information based on how the new product may affect the business (i.e. category level, item level, retail comps, etc.)
- Contractual negotiations with vendors
- Creative Brief and ideation for label design/development
- Oversight of product into distribution centers - communicate lead time, minimum order acceptable, proper palletization
- Product Launch – work with marketing teams to provide information such as product availability, attributes, images, promotional pricing, and placement in marketing materials
- Oversees product development process with ACM’s & tracking progress
- Lead weekly process/status/updates for all products in development. The development process is lengthy and requires cross collaborations between numerous departments within The Fresh Market in addition to communications with outside vendors and organizations such as design and production firms, vendor’s legal, QA, marketing teams and printers, as well as supply chain and logistics.
At a minimum, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years in private label food development/management
- Knowledge of FDA/NLEA Food & Labeling guidelines
- Contract negotiation experience
- Strong merchandising, product and marketing skills
- Strong ability to identify global issues and communicate within the organization
- Demonstrate strong analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability develop/maintain strong working relationship with peers and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates leadership and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Willing and able to travel for trade shows and store trips
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Experience in a retail environment or CPG
- Passion for food
- Working knowledge with Excel and databases
- Ability to work with numerous people on various projects simultaneously
- Deadline and results driven
- Strong business acumen related to profit and loss, ROI, financial analysis
It's a bonus if you bring:
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Nielsen and/or IRI
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Project Management skills
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.