Payroll-Benefits Coordinator300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 5/17/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market is looking for a Payroll/Benefits Coordinator at the Store Support Center (099) in Greensboro, NC. This position will be responsible for a combination of duties related to payroll and benefits. Administrative duties involving maintenance of payroll/benefit systems, phone inquiries, and password resets.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-JM1What You'll Do:
- Assists with the daily operations of the Payroll and Benefit departments
- Addresses issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, federal and state laws
- Reviews time sheets, work charts, wage computations, and other information to reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Compiles employee time, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
- Creates reports for key stakeholders
- Assists team with missed punches and time sheet entry
- Review benefit arrears reporting and deductions for arrears coming out of paychecks each week
- Monthly mailing to new retirees regarding the retiree discount plan
- Mailing of retiree badges
- Retiree annual verification process
- Benefit Enrollment follow up emails to the stores
- Mail sorting and handling
- Returned mail follow up
- Open enrollment support
- PT to FT enrollment emails
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Working knowledge of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Exposure to HR systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.