Pricing Analyst II300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 8/11/2022
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market is searching for a Pricing Analyst II to be based in our Corporate Office (099) in Greensboro, NC. The Pricing Analyst functions as a collaborative partner with Merchandising and Marketing to analyze and execute strategies that will deliver on financial results and ensure competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with complex data sets to develop complex pricing models that help determine competitive, every day, promotional, and seasonal pricing based on multiple sources of data. This position will report to the Director of Pricing.
#LI-JM1 #LI-HYBRIDWhat You'll Do:
- Support development and execution of effective pricing strategies and definitions based on Category, Department, Competitive and Customer goals
- Accountable for collaborating with category managers to develop pricing rules and strategies that will support achievement of sales and margin targets
- Develop and implement pricing business processes in partnership with category managers for review and execution of pricing recommendations
- Assess data from a variety of internal and external sources, deriving insight into pricing strategies and market trends
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze competitor pricing, assess market share and margins, and track customer engagement
- Usage of statistical modeling methods to articulate impact of various pricing strategies, including their effect on margins, revenue, and retail costs
- Analyze data related to return on investment for existing marketing and promotional programs, analyze customer response to marketing efforts
- Analyze and execute reports that allow for decision making, impact modeling and in-store execution including but not limited to predictive capabilities, geography, competitive zone impact, and customer impact
- Present findings and analysis at all levels of the business
- Influence strategic decisions based on analysis and pricing recommendations
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Finance/Economics/Statistics)
- 3-5 years of quantitative pricing or analytics experience in grocery, CPG or retail
- SaaS business knowledge with the ability to understand and communicate business needs
- Strong analytical skills
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions, sometimes with incomplete data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skills with MS Office applications
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Nielsen or other advanced pricing solution experience
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.