Public Relations Manager300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 8/5/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Public Relations Manager in our Store Support Center (099). Our Public Relations Manager is responsible for maintaining a favorable public image for The Fresh Market by executing effective communication and media relations programs. This person will work closely with the Director of Communications and assist in all day-to-day decisions and workflow. This position will report to the Director of Communications and PR in our Store Support Center (099) located in Greensboro, NC.
- Management of public relations efforts to include vetting and responding to day-to-day media inquiries, writing press releases and media advisories, preparing monthly pitching ideas, assisting with social influencer programs and more
- Form relationships and engage with national food, trade and local media by pitching timely and relevant stories that ladder up to the overarching marketing theme that month
- Secure placements for The Fresh Market in national, local and trade media outlets
- Build and refresh both local market and national media lists as needed
- Support The Fresh Market’s key initiatives, events, anniversaries, grand openings and programs with PR activities and opportunities
- Assist in the crisis management process to prepare speaking points and media statements, handle media inquiries and direct stores in handling crisis situations
- Monitor, track, analyze and communicate public relations results on a monthly basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and monitor competitor activity
- Work closely and cross-functionally within marketing to ensure success of the department and the company
- Contributes to weekly Fresh News Team Member newsletter
At a minimum, what you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant experience, training and skills
- 5+ Years of experience in Communications
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships
- Excellent project management skills including ability to manage multiple projects or programs simultaneously
- Ability to work consistently with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills to work with executives, employees, managers, retail operators, and external groups to present a positive image of the organization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products is required
- Knowledge of Cision Communication cloud is a plus
- Some travel may be required to assist stores on an as needed basis
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.