Real Estate Development Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 8/22/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance is available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- And much more!
The Fresh Market has an opening for a Real Estate Development Manager to play a critical role in supporting market strategy and growth across the United States. This individual will have the responsibility of implementing store expansion from site selection, approvals, lease executions. The Real Estate Development Manager will serve as the internal expert for real estate, representing and driving the expansion strategy with internal and external stakeholders.What You'll Do:
- Develop an integrated, strategic plan by market for new and existing stores including renewals, relocations, remodels, and closings.
- Negotiate LOIs, leases, and renewals thoroughly with industry-leading economics.
- Engages and interfaces with brokers to negotiate business deals, compile, and submit packages to Real Estate Committee.
- Proactive coordination with construction, landlords, legal and cross-functional teams.
- Resolve legal, lease, and renewal issues through effective communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 4-6 years of extensive and relevant experience in corporate real estate, shopping center development, and/or transactional real estate with major retailer.
- Highly motivated with proven ability to accurately perform time sensitive commercial real estate transactions.
- Advanced financial and computer skills and experience with Outlook, Excel, and financial report preparations.
- Experience in negotiating and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to consider many different viewpoints and navigate challenges that result in making proper business decisions using negation and influencing skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to be a contributor in a true team-based environment.
- Regular travel required at least 50% of the time.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.
(099) #LI-AK1 #LI-REMOTE