Social Media Manager300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 8/24/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
The Fresh Market is seeking a Social Media rock star to join our Paid & Social Media Team in Greensboro, NC at our Store Support Center (099). The Social Media Manager will be responsible for driving social strategy, social content planning and creation, and managing performance across all social media channels/platforms for The Fresh Market. Channels include but are not limited to Instagram, Facebook (including local store pages), Twitter and Pinterest.
The ideal candidate has a passion for food, brings a minimum of 5 years’ agency and/or client-side social media experience, mastery of the digital and social landscape, and strives to improve the way that companies interact with their guests via social channels. The Social Media Manager will report to the Director, Paid & Social Media.
- Develop strategic social marketing plans and campaigns that maximize the potential of each social channel
- Utilize social platforms to build community, increase reach and engagement, and support broader marketing themes in-store and online
- Consult and coordinate with internal teams on tactical and strategic social media plans (marketing, merchandising, human resources and operational teams)
- Develop, manage and maintain integrated timelines
- Monitor and analyze social media performance across channels, providing monthly reporting with wins, learnings, opportunities and insights
- Drive creation of engaging content that supports the brand and the broader marketing calendar
- Implement a test and learn approach to innovation across social channels, driving increasingly strong performance and informing strategic planning
- Apply knowledge of emerging trends and technologies to social programs, and keep the broader marketing team informed on changes to social platform offerings
- Direct supervision of Social Media Coordinator and part-time Community Management specialist
- Oversee community management across all channels, including direct messages
- Work with the Director of Public Relations to produce successful Facebook and IG Live events as needed, and collaborate on influencer programs to support local, promotional and seasonal offerings
At a minimum, what you’ll need
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience
- A passion for food
- Ability to derive actionable insights from social media metrics and marketing data
- Content development experience including creative concepting and strategic planning for the development of social campaigns
- Creative writing skills, ability to communicate a variety of messages while keeping the brand voice consistent
- Community Management experience
- Cross-functional marketing experience
- Attention to detail, complex workflow management, strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current social trends and latest social platform features
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with SproutSocial and Salesforce Social Studio preferred
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.