Store Design Manager300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 7/26/2022
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team Member discount up to 30%
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- AND much more!
The Fresh Market has an opening for a Store Design Manager to be based at our Corporate Office (099) in Greensboro, North Carolina. This position contributes to the success of The Fresh Market by supporting the store development process in creating stores that reinforce the brand character and distinction in the marketplace. This role reports to the Director of Architecture, Design and Store Planning.What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Real Estate team early in project feasibility process to ensure building shells and sites meet company goals--including building shell, vestibule, mezzanine, egress door placement, utility, and electrical placement, back of house truck routing and loading coordination.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of new/remodel interior design documents/Concepts in a fast-paced environment with a passion for innovative grocery retail design. The Store Design Manager drives the creative process from direction given by Senior Management, working closely with the Director of Architecture and Store Design, Merchants, Operations to establish operational needs and develop/deliver store environments that meet footprint/environment constraints, cost, and expectations.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams, at many levels with exceptional project management and communication skills.
- Partner with Purchasing and Construction teams to evaluate engineer concepts as needed, review and approve fixture prototypes, and assess new store and remodel construction. Visit job sites as needed to ensure concept standards are being met and partner with Construction Project Managers to refine details as needed.
- Drive and create Schematic Design Packages, millwork packages, redlines/shop drawings.
- Archive completed drawings, redlines, and shop drawings. Maintain current fixture/equipment plans, attributes, block library, CBT standards, refrigeration, freezer, lighting, evacuation, rent commencement documents, and asset tagging plans.
- Develop new conceptual designs to align with Senior Leadership and Director of Architecture and Store Design parameters.
- Create presentation packages as needed to communicate new or revised designs.
- Partner with all stakeholders, Operations and Merchant teams to ensure new designs meet corporate objectives. Continually stay abreast of retail trends and materials and present to Director for incorporation.
- Manage corporate approvals for Merchant and Operations teams. Gather and present changing needs of corporate partners to Director of Architecture for review and integration into approved concepts.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders during production of comprehensive design development packages.
- Develop new or revised bubble and fixture designs based on new site footprint needs and present to Director for approval.
- Hire, train and manage internal staff to execute Brand strategies. Develop processes and procedures to ensure all needs are met in a timely manner.
- Partner with third party vendors (millwork, designers, A/E firms) to prepare/manage the interior/exterior prototypical design guidelines, finishes, materials, details, etc.
- Manage teams to develop plans that fully document fixtures, finishes, and equipment. Develop and coordinate environmental signage placement with fixtures, equipment, lighting plans and architectural features.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders through the project life cycle, working closely with: Legal, Real Estate, Development, Construction, Operations, Marketing, Merchandising, IT, Facilities/Maintenance, Risk Management, and Purchasing.
- Provide design support for remodels and equipment changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or related field of study
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software (Revit and Sketchup a plus) and Microsoft Office 2010
- Retail, hospitality, or restaurant design experience within a development organization, including management of construction documents
- Experience managing external architectural and design consultants
- Experience applying brand standards to projects located in variable and challenging real estate
- Experience communicating design principles and solutions with words, drawings, and/or digital methods
- Working knowledge of architectural details, construction standards, specifications, building codes, and health codes for project documents production
- 8+ years of professional experience preferred
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
At The Fresh Market, we have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all Store Support Center Team Members to be fully vaccinated absent an approved religious or medical accommodation by the company.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.