Store Designer300 N. Green Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/9/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- And much more!
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members.
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
The Fresh Market has an opening for a Store Designer to be based at our Store Support Center (099) in Greensboro, North Carolina. This position contributes to the success of The Fresh Market by supporting the store development process in creating stores that reinforce the brand character and distinction in the marketplace. This role reports to the Director of Architecture, Design and Store Planning.
- Contribute to the support of brand identity through interior space planning, fixtures, and finishes.
- Collaborate with Real Estate team early in project feasibility process to ensure building shells and sites meet company goals--including building shell, vestibule, mezzanine, egress door placement, utility and electrical placement, back of house truck routing and loading coordination.
- Create interior layouts for individual store locations incorporating prototypical guidelines and working knowledge of marketing and operation goals for the sales floor and back room.
- Create plans that fully document fixtures, finishes, and equipment.
- Coordinate environmental signage placement with fixtures, equipment, and architectural features.
- Create lighting plans.
- Work with vendors, architects, and MEP firms to develop construction coordination plans and architectural documents.
- Create refrigeration, freezer, lighting, evacuation, rent commencement documents, and asset tagging plans.
- Develop finish packages and coordinate their application in individual stores.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders through the project life cycle, working closely with: Legal, Real Estate, Development, Construction, Operations, Marketing, Merchandising, IT, Facilities/Maintenance, Risk Management, and Purchasing.
- Provide design support for remodels and equipment changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or related field of study
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software (Revit and Sketchup a plus) and Microsoft Office 2010
- Retail, hospitality, or restaurant design experience within a development organization, including management of construction documents
- Experience managing external architectural and design consultants
- Experience applying brand standards to projects located in variable and challenging real estate
- Experience communicating design principles and solutions with words, drawings, and/or digital methods
- Working knowledge of architectural details, construction standards, specifications, building codes, and health codes for project documents production
- 5+ years of professional experience preferred
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.