Transformation Office Director300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/22/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!About the Position:
The Fresh Market is searching for a Director of Project Management to be based in our Corporate Office in Greensboro, NC. This position will develop and implement PMO processes and policies, direct project management operations, and work with The Fresh Market’s Leadership Team to define and prioritize the project portfolio that delivers on The Fresh Market’s strategies and goals. This position will report to the CFO.What You'll Do:
- Establish and promote industry-recognized, best-in-class PMO and project management standards within The Fresh Market. Develop practices, processes, templates, and approaches to start up the PMO Organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders on the deployment and buy in to these standards, approaches, and processes.
- Train the broader cross functional organization; define roles and accountabilities for PMO and functional business team members; execute change management.
- Lead the evaluation and recommendation of program and project management tools, systems, processes and resources, driving continued use, improvement and maturation of best practices.
- Develop project intake process that incorporates Corporate Governance structures (Real Estate Committee, Capital Committee, IT Steering Committee) and functional requests.
- Partner with executive leadership to assess projects submitted for consideration and develop an aligned and prioritized integrated project portfolio across the 1-3 year time horizon
- Establish and maintain portfolio and project dashboards, including status on scope, schedule, cost, financial benefits, and risks. Proactively highlight barriers, resource pinch points and risks.
- Manage team of project managers, including training, mentoring, and developing. Ensure the team has sufficient skills and capabilities.
- Direct the project management program in all phases of project planning, ensuring successful and timely execution and outcomes
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of PMO processes as well as organizational enablers to deliver more effective outcomes.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in project management or business management.
- 7+ years of project management experience; prior experience leading a PMO organization
- Experience with project management software tools.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery.
- Budget, cost and profitability management skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management certification required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.