VP Financial Planning & Analysis300 N. Greene Street Greensboro, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/22/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!About the Position:
Plays an ownership role in financial planning, management reporting and financial analytics efforts across the company including consolidation of plans and forecasts for an enterprise outlook. Provides senior and executive management with financial reporting and analysis to be used in strategic and tactical decision-making. Gathers business performance data, analyzes and compares it to previous periods, and develops recommendations for improvements in revenue growth or resource allocation. Works with various members of the operational and finance executive teams, and is viewed by the organization as a trusted thought partner in on-going decision making.What You'll Do:
- Own the planning (budget and forecast) process across the enterprise including the analysis and associated recommendations.
- Apply financial expertise to business operations; position the company competitively in the market.
- Develop a high-performing FP&A organization by serving as a trusted advisor to the CFO and other executive leaders, sought out for insight, and attracting and developing talent for the FP&A team
- Participate in development of the company’s plans and programs, linking longer-term strategy to the company’s operational plans and cascading goals; provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making.
- Drive the financial planning process at the business unit and executive level, inclusive of kickoff meetings, deadlines, assumptions, data format/loads, as it applies to budgets, re-forecasts, capital planning and long-term plans.
- Build a composite view of the company including profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet impacts; recommend business or financial action as needed.
- Ensure the integrity of the planning process: forecasts are frequent, honest appraisals of expected performance; assumptions and calculations are standardized; source-data confusion is eliminated; collaboration, coordination and communication across the enterprise are the norm.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the planning process itself.
- Ensure timely and accurate business/financial reports and plans; share them with all business units to increase financial transparency in management reporting and business line performance.
- Oversee error-free, relevant reporting including data preparation, report creation and quality control; strive to deliver insight, consistent data, and effective visualizations; reports include financial and operating information.
- Monitor operational statistics; report trends, variances and issues; take appropriate action including proactively notifying business or financial partners/superiors.
- Responsible for inventory of reports that delivers the right information to the right person at the right time; this may include maintenance of existing, development of new and retirement of outdated reports and key metrics.
- Formulate questions and analyses for the team to research, creating learning opportunities.
- Monitor and report on market changes including macroeconomics and peers/competitors.
- Continuously re-assess the department’s skills, competencies and abilities to meet the company’s business needs and drive results through standardization.
- Attract talent by making FP&A a desired career position, drawing talent in and sending it out to the business; establish FP&A's brand for excellence.
- Actively upgrades the business unit through professional development, coaching, feedback, mentoring and creating career paths for team members.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, supervising and interpersonal skills to instruct or assign work to others, motivate and coach, and evaluate work performance; establish trust and inspire others.
- Forecast financial earnings based on accounting policies.
- Coordinates the inter-relationship between the FP&A forecast and treasury cash forecast.
- Reconcile the financial forecast with financing plan to ensure adequate capital is available to meet operational and capital spending requirements and forecast out covenant, regulatory and other capital commitments.
- Minimum of 10 years in progressive finance/FP&A roles, including at least 5 years of managerial roles
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a significant strength
- Experienced in large enterprise data warehouse/tech stacks, and interfacing with BI and analytic software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to translate complex or ambiguous concepts to plain language. Ability to tailor communication style to a variety of audiences
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.