Receiving Specialist4475 Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee, United States Date posted 2/20/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
About the Position:
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
Do you like to perform a variety of tasks each day? As our Receiving Specialist, you will be responsible for processing all products that come into the store. This role has various physical and administrative responsibilities to it, from deliveries to stock replenishment to price audits. As part of your store’s team, you will also assist other departments with inventory management and provide first-class guest service. Timely management of product coming in the store and onto the floor is vital to The Fresh Market’s success each day.What You'll Do:
- Manage various backroom activities such as product orders, deliveries, replenishing stock on first in/first out basis, and analyzing reports associated with merchandise goods
- Review and reconcile deliveries, bill of ladings and invoices, resolving any issues by teaming with merchandising partners
- Conduct scheduled and random price audits
- Assist in other departments with inventories; enforce and follow department practices regarding rotation, stocking, and the unloading of product, first in-first out, to ensure freshness and excellent quality
- Assist in ensuring backroom adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law.
To meet the needs of our stores, guests, and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.Qualifications:
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 3 plus years of experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field
- 1 to 2 years of experience in leading teams
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Retail and/or Grocery experience
Physical and Work Conditions:
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pullup to 80 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.