Meat Cutter32 Chestnut Ridge Rd Montvale, New Jersey, United States Date posted 10/9/2021
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
Do you have experience in meat cutting? Are you committed to delivering a first-class experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Meat Cutter, you will manage, cut and trim meat and seafood according to The Fresh Market standards and as requested by our Guests. You will alsoassist with department inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, and other operational processes to provide the best product and excellent service at the right time for our guests and to drive sales.
- Maintain knowledge of products/weekly ad items throughout the storeand work across departments toassist guests in finding products and complete meal solutions
- Handle, slice, expertly cut and trim a variety of the department’s prime and premium meat and seafood products, and items for our convenient meal solutions throughout the day, while also managing quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards
- Monitor temperature of cases, spill overs, and storage areas
- Enforce and follow department practices regarding receiving, stocking, and the unloading deliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including but not limited to case, coolers, freezers, and sales floor
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 2 years or more of experience in cutting meat
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Meat Cutting, Journey Cutting, Culinary and/or Grocery experience
- Production Planning Software experience
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.