Bakery Manager1551 Washington Road Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States Date posted 6/2/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests, and we are looking for a new team member who will commit to helping us deliver on this mission.
About the Position:
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
As the Bakery Manager, you are taking the lead in directing team members, managing department inventory, pricing integrity, and other operational processes that require significant attention to detail. This is a fast-paced position that requires efficiency and effectiveness and a passion for excellence to drive results.What You'll Do:
- Greet guests and proactively assist them in a friendly manner with accurate and timelyservice
- Making recommendations and accommodating requests
- Managing order guides/ordering deadlines/reducing shrink/damage
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels.
- Handle, slice and prepare a variety of the department’s specialty breads, pastry items and Convenient Meal Solutions throughout the day
- Direct teams to handle, properly receiving/stocking, and merchandising of goods that follow TFMstandards
- Engage, motivate, coach, and train team members “on-the-job” as well as through The Fresh Market’s internal training platform to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
This position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.Qualifications:
- 3 years of management experience in grocery retail, restaurant, baking, and/or culinary experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years old
The Fresh Market is a proud, equal-opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Consistent with applicable laws, The Fresh Market will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to The Fresh Market. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
The statements in this job posting describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role but are not all-inclusive. The Fresh Market looks forward to talking with interested candidates to share additional details about the applicable responsibilities, duties, and skills required