Regional Manager of Operations - PennsylvaniaPennsylvania, United States Date posted 9/7/2023
Reporting to the Zone Vice President of Operations, the Regional Manager of Operations (RMO) is responsible for directing a group of stores within a geographic or otherwise defined area. The RMO is directly manages the Store Manager to ensure that all stores operate within The Fresh Market’s standards and drive best in class practices, while meeting/exceeding sales, profitability and guest experience objectives established during the forecasting and planning process as well as provide feedback to cross functional business partners about market needs and solutions. The RMO directly leads /manages Store Managers to ensure compliance with applicable policies, practices and objectives. The RMO is the CEO of their region and owns the understanding and execution of company strategies. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring employee development, training, and meeting company retention goals.
- Leadership – Provide the vision, information, tools, and culture that enable our store operations teams to reach their full potential and deliver on their goals.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships – Work closely with other regions, stores, and the greater corporate organization to maintain a culture of collaboration and teamwork while focusing on overall business results.
- Business Acumen – strong understanding of P&L and business reports and the ability to analyze data and turn it into meaningful action to drive results.
- Strategy and Execution – Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance the guest experience and employee engagement within the store in order to increase profitability.
- Change Management – the ability to evolve and succeed in a fast-paced and competitive environment
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide overall direction to improve store operations within an assigned region and meet operational objectives.
- Plan and implement zone and region level initiatives to increase sales while controlling operational costs.
- Ensure store operations adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Maintain staffing, training and development at the regional and store levels to ensure programs are being executed and monitored for success.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to store team at all levels ensuring optimal business and guest engagement results.
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure business standards are maintained, expectations are being achieved, coaching and developing are occurring, and action plans are developed in order to grow the business.
- Ensure top talent is identified and selected across the region and assist with the on-boarding of new management employees and the development of leadership skills.
- Drive sales and meet all controllable expenses such as payroll, shrink, safety, supplies
- Develop and execute actions that ensure an engaged employee base and culture focused on guest experience and sales
- Lead change within the region for all aspects of the business.
- Preferred , a minimum of 5 years work experience in retail operations management, hospitality, or restaurant.
- At least some experience leading a multi-store organization including, but not limited to: recruiting, retention, supervision, employee development, and responsibility for sales, gross margins, labor and profit.
- Demonstrated excellent guest service skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written.
- Ability to apply sound business acumen and principles; including retail sales understanding and P&L responsibility.
- Proven ability to select, develop, and retain top talent.