Production Meat Cutter30098 Veterans Way Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States Date posted 4/18/2022
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
About the Position:
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
Do you have experience in meat cutting and enjoy working early shifts? Are you committed to delivering a first- class experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Meat Cutter, you will manage, cut, and trim meat and seafood according to The Fresh Market standards and as requested by our Guests. You will also assist with department inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, and other operational processes to provide the best product and excellent service at the right time for our guests and to drive sales.What You'll Do:
- Handle production for key items to supportMeat-Seafood, Deli-CMS, and other departments as needed
- Maintain knowledge of products/weekly ad items throughout the store and work across departments to assist guests in finding products and complete meal solutions
- Handle, slice, expertly cut and trim a variety of the department’s prime and premium meat and seafood products, and items for our convenient meal solutions throughout the day, while also managing quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards
- Monitor temperature of cases, spillovers, and storage areas
- Enforce and follow department practices regarding receiving, stocking, and the unloading deliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including but not limited to case, coolers,freezers, and sales floor
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety,per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests, and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a schedule of 3 am – 11 am with days off typically being Sunday and Wednesday of each week.
The Fresh Market offers a shift differential between the hours of 12 am – 5 am of an additional $2.00 an hr.
At times the needs may change and as a full-time team member, The Fresh Market has the expectation that you are able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings, and occasional overnight and holiday work to meet the needs of the business and guests.
The Fresh Market Meat Cutters must be certified within TFMA within 90 days of hire.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- A passion for providing extraordinary service
- 2 years or more of experience in cutting meat
- Must be at least 18 years of ages
- Meat Cutting, Journey Cutting, Culinary and/or Grocery experience
- Production Planning Software experience
- Experience in the retail, restaurant, or hospitality industries
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and trainingWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.