Assistant Meat Manager1649 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland, United States Date posted 8/28/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
About the Position:
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
Do you have experience with merchandising? Are you committed to providing the best products at the right time? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Assistant Meat Manager, you will assist the Meat-Seafood Manager with department inventory, pricing integrity and other operational processes that require significant attention to detail. This is a fast-paced position; you’ll work with team members and product continuously throughout the day while making ita priority to engage guests about the products and services we offer and deliver results.
- With the Meat-Seafood Manager, you are an ambassador of the department and will set an example for excellence as you assistin the management of all relevant functions and activities
- Ensuring all guests are greeted and proactively assistedin an engaging manner with accurate and timely information
- Having the knowledge to make product and service recommendations to guests and accommodatingtheir special requests and to create our Convenient Meal Solutions per our standards
- Coordinating the ordering of meat items with the Meat-Seafood Manager
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels to reduce shrink and damage, enforcing product management standards
- Unloaddeliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including case, coolers, freezers and sales floor
- Assist with engaging, motivating, and training team members “on-the-job” as well as through The Fresh Market Academy to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Ensure that department team members are adhering to The Fresh market standards and policies
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests, and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.Qualifications:
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 3 plus years of experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field
- 1 to 2 years of experience in leading teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years of age
All of The Fresh Market Assistant Meat Managers must be certified within TFMA within 90 days of hire or being in position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Grocery and/or meat cutting experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pullup to 30 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.