Meat Cutter155 Beverly Lane Southern Pines, North Carolina, United States Date posted 9/7/2023
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests, and we are looking for a new team member who will commit to helping us deliver on this mission.
About the Position:
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
As the Meat Cutter, you are managing, cutting, and trimming meat and seafood according to The Fresh Market standards and as requested by our Guests. You alsoassist with department inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, and other operational processesthat require significant attention to detail.This is a fast-paced position that requires efficiency, effectiveness, and a passion for excellence to drive results while curating an impeccable experience for our guests and team members.What You'll Do:
- Maintain knowledge of products/weekly ad items throughout the storeand work across departments toassist guests in finding products and complete meal solutions
- Handle, slice, expertly cut, and trim a variety of the department’s prime and premium meat and seafood products, and items for our convenient meal solutions throughout the day, while also managing quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards
- Monitor the temperature of cases, spillovers, and storage areas
- Enforce and follow department practices regarding receiving, stocking, and unloading deliveries of products to ensure freshness and quality; including but not limited to cases, coolers, freezers, and sales floor
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
This position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.Qualifications:
All Meat Cutters must be certified within The Fresh Market’s internal training platform within of hire.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 2 years or more of experience in cutting meat
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The Fresh Market is a proud, equal-opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Consistent with applicable laws, The Fresh Market will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to The Fresh Market. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
The statements in this job posting describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role but are not all-inclusive. The Fresh Market looks forward to talking with interested candidates to share additional details about the applicable responsibilities, duties, and skills required